Riverdale Dental in Toronto offers dental crowns for patients that require treatment for damaged and discoloured teeth.
What are dental crowns?
A dental crown is a tooth-coloured covering that is permanently placed over an existing tooth that is weakened or decayed. It can be used repair, to add strength, to correct the bite or to improve the overall appearance of a tooth. Dental crowns may be used to create an extremely natural-looking appearance for your front teeth as well.
When do you need dental crown treatment?
A dental crown may be needed:
- to protect a weak tooth from breaking due to decay or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- to restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- to cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- to hold a dental bridge in place
- to cover severely discolored teeth
- to cover a dental implant
- to make a cosmetic change