Dental implants are a restorative treatment for our Toronto patients who are missing teeth and wish to improve the functionality and appearance of their smile.
Why dental implants? Dental implants look, feel, and perform just like your natural teeth!
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is an artificial post made of titanium metal that serves as a substitute for the root of a missing tooth.
When the abutment, the connector placed on top of the post, is attached to an artificial tooth (crown), this results in a beautiful natural-looking replacement tooth.
Dental implants are a stable and easy tooth replacement option, and because the posts that secure dental implants in place are integrated into the jaw, they also help to prevent bone loss and gum recession.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Improved speech. Dental implants allow you to speak freely without the worry that your teeth might shift out of place.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favourite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Durability. Dental implants are durable and with good care, may last for many years.