Dental Implants in Toronto
Dental implants are a restorative treatment for our Toronto patients who are missing teeth and wish to try and improve the functionality and appearance of their smile.
Why dental implants? Dental implants can look, feel, and perform just like your natural teeth!
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is an artificial post made of titanium metal that serves as a substitute for the root of a missing tooth.
When the abutment, the connector placed on top of the post, is attached to an artificial tooth (crown), this can result in a natural-looking replacement tooth.
Dental implants can be a stable tooth replacement option, and because the posts that secure dental implants in place can be integrated into the jaw, they can also help to prevent bone loss and gum recession.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Can improve appearance. Dental implants can look and feel like your own teeth.
- Can improve speech. Dental implants can allow you to speak freely without the worry that your teeth might shift out of place.
- Can improve comfort. Because they become part of you, implants can eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Can make eating easier. Dental implants can function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favourite foods.
- Durability. Dental implants can be durable and, with good care, may last for many years.